Recipe by Tee Lee
From Sandra Lee Slow-Cooker Recipes. Chicken breast pieces are slow-cooked in a cajun alfredo sauce with tomatoes and red bell peppers, then served over pasta. ***After making this again, I do agree with the reviews that this is much too watery. I will leave the original recipe posted as-is since it is from a cookbook, but I recommend leaving out the chicken broth.
Top Review by ccarnes
Liked, but wasn't in love. Dish was easy to make. I forgot to buy peppers at the store so that was omitted, and didn't have 'Cajun seasoning' but had Tony Chachere's so used that. I was lazy and shredded the chicken in the crock pot and my husband didn't like that but besides that it pretty good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (book recommends Classico)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (with green pepper celery and onion)
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth (Recommend leaving out, makes too sauce runny) (optional)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 lb dry bow tie pasta
- fresh chives, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the slow-cooker, stir together chicken, alfredo sauce, tomatoes and juices, chicken broth, peppers and cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours, or LOW 6-8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, serve chicken and sauce over cooked pasta and garnish with chives if desired.