Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Taste of Home
Make and share this Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head.
- Set aside 12 large leaves for rolls; drain well (refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use).
- Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, green pepper, cracker crumbs, egg and soup mix.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf.
- Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end.
- Roll up completely to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks, if desired.
- Place cabbage rolls in a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Pour V8 juice over rolls.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until filling reaches 160 degrees F.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and cheese, if desired.