6 hrs 20 mins
From Taste of Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head.
- 2Set aside 12 large leaves for rolls; drain well (refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use).
- 3Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut; set aside.
- 4In large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, green pepper, cracker crumbs, egg and soup mix.
- 5Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 6Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf.
- 7Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end.
- 8Roll up completely to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks, if desired.
- 9Place cabbage rolls in a 3 quart slow cooker.
- 10Pour V8 juice over rolls.
- 11Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until filling reaches 160 degrees F.
- 12Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 1200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 30.2 g