Recipe by *Parsley*
Yummy and less work than the real cabbage rolls. There is no rice in this recipe, because I don't like rice in my cabbage rolls.
Top Review by lauralie41
Great casserole and takes little time to put together. I used ground round, garlic powder, added two cans of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. I did add a layer of rice over the ground round because I use it when making stuffed cabbage. The only problem I had was I used a 6 quart crock pot and I didnt catch it before the sauce cooked out. It finished cooking on low in about 5 hours. The casserole was a thick stew type meal. Next time I make this I will use my smaller crock pot or keep a closer eye on the 6 quart. Thank you for posting this recipe Parsley! Made and reviewed for the TOTM Forums tag game It's Not Easy Being Green.
- 453.59-680.38 g lean ground turkey or 453.59-680.38 g extra lean ground beef
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 1 small head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce, can add another 8- 15 oz if you like more sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spary crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble the raw ground turkey (or beef) and spread along bottom of crock pot.
- Add the onions, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and cabbage.
- Pour the diced tomatoes over top.
- Mix the sugar into the tomato sauce and pour over everything. If you like more sauce, add another 8-oz or 15-oz can of tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
- When done, remove lid and stir to mix well.