1/5 Photos of Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole
8 hrs 10 mins
Yummy and less work than the real cabbage rolls. There is no rice in this recipe, because I don't like rice in my cabbage rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey or 1 -1 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, can add another 8- 15 oz if you like more sauce
- 1Spary crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Crumble the raw ground turkey (or beef) and spread along bottom of crock pot.
- 3Add the onions, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and cabbage.
- 4Pour the diced tomatoes over top.
- 5Mix the sugar into the tomato sauce and pour over everything. If you like more sauce, add another 8-oz or 15-oz can of tomato sauce.
- 6Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
- 7When done, remove lid and stir to mix well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 542.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g