Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
grandchildren like the name and the taste! original recipe called for mushrooms...8 oz pkg, sliced...
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- Layer carrots, potatoes, celery and mushroom, if using in a slow cooker.sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place beef over top of vegetables; top with tomatoes and onion --
- Heat on high setting for 6-8 hours -- .
Great and easy, that's the way we like them! My son didn't like it, because of the veggies I added (I was out of celery, so I put green peper instead, which he doesn't like...). I also added a 19 oz can of soy beans. Definately a keeper!