Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Southern Living. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles or rice. Feel free to use different mushrooms based on availability and preferences.
- 907.18 g beef sirloin tip, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 226.79 g sliced fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 304.75 g canned cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 28.34 g dry onion soup mix
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Stir together beef tips and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until beef is tender, stirring at least once after 2 hours.
This was okay, but it wasn't as enjoyable as I expected. I used small button mushrooms and left them whole. In retrospect, I would slice them as the recipe calls for. Also, I would consider using a tin of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom and Onion soup with some chopped onion or shallot instead of the dried onion soup mix. And maybe a little water or beef stock to balance out the sauce.
I used the less sodium cream of mushroom and red cooking wine along with some fresh herbs and 3-4 cloves of whole garlic. The sirloin tip worked out great, thanks for the post!
Easy and so delicious! I used 3 pounds sirloin tip, white button mushrooms and added in minced garlic, shallot, Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of sugar, pinch of thyme and a bay leaf. I served it over egg noodles and garnished it with parsley and served steamed broccoli and baked sourdough rolls on the side . The sirloin tip comes out so much more juicy and tender than using stew meat or chuck roast! I will use this recipe alot-thanks!