Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Betty Crocker...sounds like a perfect meal to eat while watching football!
Make and share this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium stalk celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- crumbled blue cheese, if desired
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In cooker, mix all ingredients except buffalo wing sauce and cheese
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in buffalo wing sauce. Serve sprinkled with blue cheese.
This a was a nice change of pace from the usual chili I make. I used ground chicken breast that I browned before putting in the slow cooker, and it worked well for me. Served alongside tortilla chips and topped with blue cheese. I just wish this was spicier and had more of that buffalo sauce flavor.
Loved the spiciness, and great flavor, did not change a thing. Definately a nice zing to this, as the Buffalo sauce really was a nice addition. Great addition to dinner. A keeper in my book.
Really great taste. I just added the Buffalo sauce to my serving but took a spoonful of the rest after dinner and it really lacked the more rounded fuller bodied taste that the Buffalo sauce imparted. You'll be missing the best of this dish it it's skipped. It's sure easy and the rich glowing ember heat is so perfect for cooler days of Gall and to ward off Winters bite.