Recipe by loversleap
Easy slow cooker breakfast casserole for cooking overnight. No fancy ingredients required. I made this up based on popular crockpot breakfast casseroles, but I don't buy frozen potatoes, so I improvised. It's great!
Top Review by snowbunny1977
This turned out pretty well. Bad thing about making breakfast casseroles in the slow cooker is the cheese on top gets dark and you miss that cheese flavor. Out of all the breakfast casseroles I've made this turned out the best. I was apprehensive putting raw meat in with eggs and everything because thats a lot of grease sitting in there. So, I went ahead and cooked my sausage and then put everything together, I didnt have onion or peppers on hand but will add next time. This was a last minute deal. Thanks for the recipe.
- 6 potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (raw, ham, chorizo, or bacon can be used)
- 1 dozen egg
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded
- 1 head broccoli (other veggies would be fine too) (optional)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/2 of the cubed potatoes, onion, pepper, and veggies in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add 1/2 of the meat (uncooked, cook bacon first if using).
- Place rest of potato mixture in cooker, add other 1/2 of meat.
- Mix eggs and pour on top.
- Cover eggs completely with cheese.
- Set on Low for 8 hours.