Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
from "a year of slow cooking" - http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/02/slow-cooker-ultimate-breakfast.html
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness, and toast the bread.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cheese, mushrooms, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Put the bread cubes into the bottom of your sprayed slow cooker, and pour the egg mixture evenly over the entire thing. Place bacon pieces on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 3-4 hours - until eggs have set.
- When the eggs have completely set, and your casserole has begun to brown on top and pull away from the sides, take the lid off the cooker and let the steam and moisture evaporate for about 15 minutes before serving.