5 hrs 20 mins
Chef at Large's Note:
You won't believe just how good these ribs really are. My family could have these ribs every week. They're great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml onion, diced (250ml)
- 236.59 ml carrot, diced (250ml)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml olive oil (45ml)
- 1360.77 g beef short ribs
- 236.59 ml beef broth (250ml)
- 236.59 ml red wine (250ml)
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour (45ml)
- 1 bay leaf
- 793.78 g can plum tomatoes, diced and drained (796ml)
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1In a medium saucepan set at medium high heat, saute the onions, carrots and garlic in one tablespoons (15ml) olive oil until soft.
- 2Transfer to a slow cooker.
- 3Add remaining olive oil to the skillet and brown the ribs on both sides.
- 4Place the ribs in the slow cooker.
- 5Add the 1 can of plum tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- 6In a small bowl, stir together the broth, wine, flour, thyme, and bay leaf.
- 7Pour into the hot skillet, stir to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom and then pour into the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 5 hours or until ribs are very tender.
- 8Discard the bay leaf.
- 9Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Braised Provencal Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1549.6
- Calories from Fat 1207
- Total Fat 134.1 g
- Saturated Fat 55.1 g
- Cholesterol 258.7 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 52.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: