Recipe by Lainey6605
These sandwiches are so yummy. They are definitely something I make often because my family loves them. Recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by Julk_1212
I made it exactly as it said. It was good... I enjoyed it. The whole family ate it just fine. I think less time in the cooker would have actually been better. I couldn't slice it because it feel apart... Which is fine we shredded it up a bit. The sandwiches needed more flavor so we added BBQ sauce to ours and cheese on our 5 year olds. On the second one that I had I added mayo as well.. Seems weird but it is legit. Go pretty tastes, and make sure you top the sandwiches with lots of peperchini. Yum
- 3 lbs rump roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, sliced (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 hoagie rolls or 6 hoagie rolls, split
- arugula, for serving (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef and onion in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix and garlic.
- If you have time, cover and place in refrigerator to let beef marinate for several hours, turning occasionally.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with some of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer beef to cutting board; slice thinly.
- Serve on rolls with arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced peppers.