Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These sandwiches are so yummy. They are definitely something I make often because my family loves them. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- 3 lbs rump roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, sliced (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 hoagie rolls or 6 hoagie rolls, split
- arugula, for serving (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced, for serving (optional)
- Place beef and onion in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix and garlic.
- If you have time, cover and place in refrigerator to let beef marinate for several hours, turning occasionally.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with some of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer beef to cutting board; slice thinly.
- Serve on rolls with arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced peppers.
I made it exactly as it said. It was good... I enjoyed it. The whole family ate it just fine. I think less time in the cooker would have actually been better. I couldn't slice it because it feel apart... Which is fine we shredded it up a bit. The sandwiches needed more flavor so we added BBQ sauce to ours and cheese on our 5 year olds. On the second one that I had I added mayo as well.. Seems weird but it is legit. Go pretty tastes, and make sure you top the sandwiches with lots of peperchini. Yum
Yum!! We made this for dinner last night. Since there are only 2 of us, we halved the recipe...otherwise, we made it as described. We set it to cook overnight because we're away too long over the course of the day and didn't want it to burn. Woke up to the house smelling FANTASTIC! We put the meat and the juice in the fridge all day and then when we got home, we put the meat in the oven and used the juice and a little bit of water to create a gravy. Then we put the gravy over the meat and made a fantastic sandwich. Next time (and yes, there will DEFINITELY be a next time) I think we're going to add more pepper juice and the peppers themselves to the crockpot to cook because we like spicy. We may also try other users' suggestions to use beef broth instead of water. Thanks for much for sharing.
Made this for the Superbowl and it was really good and everybody loved it. I didn't use all the peppers the recipe called for because I thought it would be overpowering but next time I will. Thanks!!