1/1 Photo of Slow-Cooker Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwiches
8 hrs 10 mins
These sandwiches are so yummy. They are definitely something I make often because my family loves them. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs rump roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, sliced (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 hoagie rolls or 6 hoagie rolls, split
- arugula, for serving (optional)
- 1 tomato, sliced, for serving (optional)
- 1Place beef and onion in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- 2Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix and garlic.
- 3If you have time, cover and place in refrigerator to let beef marinate for several hours, turning occasionally.
- 4Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- 5Brush cut sides of rolls with some of the cooking liquid.
- 6Transfer beef to cutting board; slice thinly.
- 7Serve on rolls with arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced peppers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooker Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.2
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 1069.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix