13 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This is my old stand-by and I usually serve it along with quesadillas or chicken nachos, homemade salsa, guacamole, and tortilla chips. Ole!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml dried black beans, sorted and rinsed
- 2365.9 ml water
- 1892.72 ml vegetable broth
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped carrot
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 9.85 ml finely chopped garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 1Add beans and water to a large soup pot; bring to a boil.
- 2Lower the heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 3Take pot off of stovetop; cover and let stand 1 hour.
- 4Drain beans.
- 5Add beans and the remaining ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours; adjust seasoning to taste by adding salt, pepper, cayenne, or hot sauce.
- 7Serve in individual soup bowls; may garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: