Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
So easy and delicious.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blackberries or 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In a bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and next 4 ingredients.
- Combine eggs, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spread batter evenly onto the bottom of a greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour over batter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tests done.
- Turn cooker off.
- Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
This was my first attempt to cook a dessert in my crock-pot. The cobbler turned out very well. I used fresh berries and we really liked the combination of blackberries and blueberries. Thanks for sharing this.
I have read Every Black and Blue Cobbler Recipe for crockpot, available to look at on the web....and each one (from each different person) is absolutely word for word identical. You would think there would be some variance and different ideas across the board.
Very easy to make and it turned out so well (I was surprised!!) I love using my crockpot so this was just a perfect idea to use up some fresh blackberries we had! I used 4 cups of blackberries (and no blueberries) and left out the orange zest. My 3 year old keeps asking if he can eat more of it! Will make this again and try with other berries and berry mixtures!! :)