Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Taken from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook "Frozen berries work just fine and you don't need to thaw them first, just increase cooking time to 4 hours."
- 1 lb fresh blueberries, rinsed and picked over (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, rinsed and roughly chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker crock; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours, stirring several times during cooking.
- Refrigerate any unused sauce.
Pretty nice berry sauce. I used a bag of frozen blackberries, 1/2 a bag of frozen rasberries, and 1/2 a bag of frozen blueberries. (I'm trying to clean out my freezer.) I made this in my small crockpot while my big one cooked the main meal. I thought it had a bit of splenda "bite" (or aftertaste) but was nice warm. A little fat free cool-whip would have been nice on top. The rasberries and blackberries cooked down more intensely then the strawberries would have, so stick with the strawberries if you have problems with broken down berries. All in all it was pretty good and I would probably make it again. Thanks!