Recipe by seesko
What is better than dinner in the crock.....Dessert in the crock.
Top Review by NELady
You're so right - dessert in a crock is better than dinner! I followed the recipe as written except I substituted Splenda for sugar. SO GOOD. Next time I will add a bit more cinnamon into the batter and use a little less Splenda with the berries (I like my berries tart). This would be great with sour cherries and other berry combos, too. I didn't have any frozen yogurt or ice cream, but I will pick up some sugar-free Cool Whip tomorrow and plop some on the left-over cobbler. Thanks for a simple dessert recipe that satisfied my sweet tooth!!! Made for Photo Tag, 1/21/09 - NELady.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups unsweetened blueberries
- 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly onto the bottom of a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine salt and remaining flour and sugar; add berries and toss to coat. Spread over batter. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into cobbler comes out without crumbs. Top each serving with 1/4 cup frozen yogurt if desired.