Recipe by GibbyLou
Clipped this from a grocery store sales flyer. Have not made it yet.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a wonderful recipe this is. Our roast beef was perfectly cooked and seasoned. We really enjoyed all the flavors in this tasty dish. It was so easy to throw together, 8 hours later, the house smelled incredible and we had the best comfort meal around. The meat and onions were so flavorful and tender. I will be making this one again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.
- 1419.54 ml sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 1 2/3 pounds)
- 9.85 ml minced fresh garlic
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 907.18 g round roast or 907.18 g steak, trimmed of all fat
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 78.07 ml beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together onions, garlic, sugar, thyme, salt, and black pepper in bottom of a large slow cooker.
- If necessary, cut beef to fit into slow cooker.
- Pat beef dry with clean paper towels and place on top of onions.
- Mix vinegar and broth together and pour over onions and beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Slice beef across the grain.
- Spoon onions atop sliced beef.