Clipped this from a grocery store sales flyer. Have not made it yet.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Beef With Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together onions, garlic, sugar, thyme, salt, and black pepper in bottom of a large slow cooker.
- If necessary, cut beef to fit into slow cooker.
- Pat beef dry with clean paper towels and place on top of onions.
- Mix vinegar and broth together and pour over onions and beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Slice beef across the grain.
- Spoon onions atop sliced beef.
What a wonderful recipe this is. Our roast beef was perfectly cooked and seasoned. We really enjoyed all the flavors in this tasty dish. It was so easy to throw together, 8 hours later, the house smelled incredible and we had the best comfort meal around. The meat and onions were so flavorful and tender. I will be making this one again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.
My roast was about three pounds but I left all the ingredients the same. My husband loved the onions in this and I liked it but I thought the vinegar was a bit strong. Next time I would cut it in half. I only cooked my roast for six hours and it was perfect for us.