Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook8 hrs 27 mins
This is a favourite of mine. I love the way it smells while it's brewing. I found it on the Betty Crocker App. I adjust for my tatste (sm. onion rather than lg.,omit the celery, 2-3 carrots ,some potatoes a couple hours before it's done, italian seasoning instead of basil and I add 2 cans of water )
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped 1/2 inch
- 1 large carrot, chopped 1/2 inch
- 1 medium celery, chopped 1/2 inch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef consomme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker,add beef, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, sugar, tomatoes, and beef consomme in order listed.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- About 25 mins before serving, stir in basil, frozen tortellini and green beans.
- Increase heat setting to HIGH. Cover;cook about 25 minutes or until beans are tender.