Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't normally like recipes with cream of ___ soup in them, but this one I came up with is delicious! Definitely easy comfort food! *** Update: I tried this with 1/4 cup Burgundy wine and 1/2 cup beef broth and it was delicious! For a change, try a mixture of wine and broth.
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or low-fat)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope mushroom gravy mix or 1 (1 ounce) envelope beef gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth (or beef broth mixed with Burgundy wine)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- Place beef in the slow cooker.
- Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix and gravy mix in a bowl until well blended. Stir in beef broth.
- Add mushrooms and onions to mixture, then pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Cook egg noodle according to directions on package.
- Spoon beef mixture over hot noodles and serve.
Very easy and tasty! I was in a hurry so I used my pressure cooker. I browned the meat first in oil with the onion, then added the rest of the ingredients. I had brought the mixture to a boil then pressured cooked it for 20 minutes. My youngest said it was the best beef tips I'd made and asked to have them at least once a week. That comment speaks for itself! Thanks!!!
Great beef tips! I added garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, sugar , a bay leaf, and chopped carrots.I used regular cream of mushroom soup. I have tried alot of beef tip recipes and this was one of the tastiest. I used 1/2 cup Burgundy wine and didn't use the beef broth-there was plenty of liquid. This recipe really needs something to thicken up the sauce , so I added 3 tablespoons of Minute tapioca the last hour of cooking, like so many other reviewers and it worked perfectly. I served over egg noodles and garnished with fresh minced parsley and served steamed broccoli and crusty sourdough rolls on the side. Wonderful meal and I'll make again-thanks!
Marvelous rich flavor here thats achieved in a kick back manor. I used large button mushrooms and just followed the recipe. It came out good enough for guests. :D