Recipe by lizeroo
This is a really tasty recipe. The flavor is very savory and robust. I found this on another web site originally, Diane's Travelling Notebook, I think. Enjoy!
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
The flavor is outstanding. I doubled the recipe, let it slow cook all day. YUM! I followed the recipe ingredients to a T. I quickly browned the beef but I don't think I will go to the trouble next time. I'm not sure it made much difference. Definitely a "Best Of" for 2014. Thanks for sharing!
- salt and pepper
- 78.07 ml flour
- 453.59 g bottom sirloin beef caps, cubed
- 118.29 ml shallot, chopped
- 453.59 g mushroom, sliced
- 297.66 g can condensed beef broth
- 9.85 ml tomato paste or 9.85 ml tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml red wine
- 946.36-1419.54 ml hot buttered egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- Dredge beef in flour mixture.
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Cover with shallots and mushrooms.
- Mix beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and red wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons flour into 1/3 cup water, making a smooth paste.
- Add to crock pot and cook another 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.