Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is a really tasty recipe. The flavor is very savory and robust. I found this on another web site originally, Diane's Travelling Notebook, I think. Enjoy!
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 lb bottom sirloin beef caps, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste or 2 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 4 -6 cups hot buttered egg noodles
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- Dredge beef in flour mixture.
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Cover with shallots and mushrooms.
- Mix beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and red wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons flour into 1/3 cup water, making a smooth paste.
- Add to crock pot and cook another 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
The flavor is outstanding. I doubled the recipe, let it slow cook all day. YUM! I followed the recipe ingredients to a T. I quickly browned the beef but I don't think I will go to the trouble next time. I'm not sure it made much difference. Definitely a "Best Of" for 2014. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe will be added to our favorites for sure. It was easy to make and tasted wonderful! We are not big fans of egg noodles so we used home made mashed potatoes and we both were ready to take a nap when we were finished. It's a meal you can hurt yourself with. Thanks lizeroo for the wonderful recipe.
This was a really great recipe for Beef Tips. I grated the shallot with a cheese grater to hide it from the kiddo, and I browned the meat first to speed up the process. I cooked mine on high for 4 hours and the meat was nice and tender. The gravy was thick and delicious, with flavors that reminded me a of Beef Burgundy. I thinned out my gravy with a touch more beef broth, but overall a delicious meal that made great leftovers for lunch. Thanks!