Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Stroganoff, once only a weekend special can now be served weeknights thanks to slow cooking.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) jarslice mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles or 6 cups rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, mushroom soup, onion soup, mshrooms and pepper.
- Cover and cooke on LOW setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
- TIME SAVER: Save time and tears. Use prechopped onions found in the freezer case of your supermarket. Thaw before adding.