Recipe by weekend cooker
discovered this in my local newspaper this morning.
Top Review by mersaydees
I love to try different stroganoff recipes. This one had a couple of things about it that I would change. First, I'd replace the white wine with sherry. Second, instead of the last 1/4 cup of flour mixed in with the sour cream, I would omit the 1/4 cup of flour and mix in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with an equal amount of cold water and add to the crock pot at the same time as the sour cream. Thanks, Weekend Cooker! Made for 123HW.
- 2 lbs beef round steak
- 3⁄4 cup flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Trim excess fat from steak and cut into 3 inch strips, about 1/2 inch wide.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, mustard, and a dash salt and pepper, and toss with steak sterips.
- Place strips in oblong slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cover with onions and mushrooms. Add beef broth, wine, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Just before serving, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup flour.
- Stir in slow cooker and cook for 10-15 minutes or til stroganoff thickens slightly.