Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
discovered this in my local newspaper this morning.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- Trim excess fat from steak and cut into 3 inch strips, about 1/2 inch wide.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, mustard, and a dash salt and pepper, and toss with steak sterips.
- Place strips in oblong slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cover with onions and mushrooms. Add beef broth, wine, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Just before serving, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup flour.
- Stir in slow cooker and cook for 10-15 minutes or til stroganoff thickens slightly.
I love to try different stroganoff recipes. This one had a couple of things about it that I would change. First, I'd replace the white wine with sherry. Second, instead of the last 1/4 cup of flour mixed in with the sour cream, I would omit the 1/4 cup of flour and mix in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with an equal amount of cold water and add to the crock pot at the same time as the sour cream. Thanks, Weekend Cooker! Made for 123HW.
Delicious and didn't taste at all like a crockpot meal. I added some garlic, increased the mushrooms and added rosemary, thyme and sage. I used my Vegetable Stock, which I use whenever recipes call for any stock other than chicken stock as I then know what's in it. I also used merlot as I rarely drink white wine and used less worcesterdshire sauce (personal taste preference), about 1/2 tablespoon and low-fat sour cream. Very flavoursome and tasted great with noodles. It would also team well with mashed potatoes or rice, something to mop up the yummy juices. Thanks for sharing this delicious, adaptable recipe, weekend cooker. I love trying recipes from someone else's local newspaper: reinforces that feeling that Zaar is facilitating neighbourliness within the global village. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.