Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this on the Betty Crocker website and want to try it.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 6 cups whole wheat egg noodles, hot cooked
- In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles.
Easy to make and tasted great. I didn't use the low fat cream cheese or sour cream and it tasted great.
I made this yesterday and it was excellent stroganoff. I'm giving this 4 stars as I used the original Betty Crocker recipe, which didn't call for low-fat or reduced-sodium ingredients.