simple but really my family's favorite and most requested dish!
Make and share this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup (I use campbells)
- 8 ounces beef and onion soup mix
- 9 ounces canned mushrooms (do not drain)
- 16 ounces broad egg noodles (I use no yolks)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- cook the noodles according to pkg directions in seperate pot. *drain and add at the end of recipie.
- in slow cooker mix envelope of beefy onion with the cream of mushroom soup. Add jared mushrooms, paprika, pepper, garlic powder cubed beef and onions.
- cover and cook 3-3 1/2 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- In the last 30 minutes of cook time add into the mixture the cream cheese.
- In the last 10 minutes add the sour cream.
- Put the finished stroganoff over the noodles and ENJOY!
Creamy and delicious. My family loved this. Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
This was good but not great. Husband liked it. Kids not so much. At the end, I added about 1/3c of heavy cream which smoothed out the flavors and and reduce the "canned soup" flavor.
DELICIOUS! I made this recipe with a 3.33 lb boneless chuck roast trimmed of all fat, fresh mushrooms, and doubled all ingredients EXCEPT the mushroom soup. NOTE: My Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix envelopes weighed .95 ounces each, therefore I believe the soup mix amount is incorrect on the recipe! Total crock time on low was 5 hours ~ Made for Fall PAC 2011.