Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is great to have ready when you come home from a long day. The beef is tender and mouth-watering.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) canv8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- In 3-quart slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew.
- Add corn and peas.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
I really liked the basic flavors of this stew and the meat was as tender as could be. It might have been my cooker but I had a problem with the last step. In the 30 mins alloted, the corn and peas did defrost but they weren't really cooked and the gravy never thickened. It was already 6:30 and I had some guys wanting to eat so we had very tasty veggie beef soup which, honestly, I didn't mind at all :D