Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Simple & Delicious by D. Wenger
- 2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 8 medium carrots
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut beef steak into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut red potatoes into quarters.
- In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the vegetables and pour tomatoes over top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, tomato paste, and broth until smooth.
- Stir in salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Top with beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
This was good, but a little bit too tomato-y for us. I had never had a beef stew with a tomato base before, so it was something different. My husband came in and asked me why there were a bunch of vegetables floating in tomato soup in our crock pot! He ate it and liked it though, so that's always good!
Its good but I think its missing something. I added a rutabaga to it and it still needs some spices. Maybe some italian seasoning. Thanks for the easy dinner. Made for 123 hits
This Beef Stew was really enjoyed at my difficult household. It was very easy to make and was very tasty. I just add about 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce to add a little zety kick to it.