Recipe by HokiesMom
Simple & Delicious by D. Wenger
Top Review by Ms.Kitten
This was good, but a little bit too tomato-y for us. I had never had a beef stew with a tomato base before, so it was something different. My husband came in and asked me why there were a bunch of vegetables floating in tomato soup in our crock pot! He ate it and liked it though, so that's always good!
- 2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 8 medium carrots
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef steak into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut red potatoes into quarters.
- In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the vegetables and pour tomatoes over top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, tomato paste, and broth until smooth.
- Stir in salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Top with beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.