Recipe by CoffeeB
Great for a busy work day. And the smell..ooohhhhh!!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious! I used all beef stock and omitted the bouillon cubes I also added in some crushed chili flakes, thanks for posted this great crockpot stew recipe Sue, we enjoyed this today for an early dinner!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb stewing beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 6 -8 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag.
- Shake to mix.
- Add beef to bag and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add beef to brown on all sides.
- Place beef in a slow cooker.
- Add tomato juice just until beeef is covered.
- Add onions, celery and bay leaf.
- Cook beef on low until tender, about 4-6 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, green beans, bouillon and water.
- Cook 1-2 hours until vegetables are soft.