Great for a busy work day. And the smell..ooohhhhh!!
Make and share this Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb stewing beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 6 -8 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Combine flour, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag.
- Shake to mix.
- Add beef to bag and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add beef to brown on all sides.
- Place beef in a slow cooker.
- Add tomato juice just until beeef is covered.
- Add onions, celery and bay leaf.
- Cook beef on low until tender, about 4-6 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, green beans, bouillon and water.
- Cook 1-2 hours until vegetables are soft.
Delicious! I used all beef stock and omitted the bouillon cubes I also added in some crushed chili flakes, thanks for posted this great crockpot stew recipe Sue, we enjoyed this today for an early dinner!
Excellent! Both DH and I loved this stew. Comfort food at it's best. It has very good depth of flavor and the beef was really tender. You can't go wrong with this recipe. As loof said it wasn't very thick but if thats a factor in your house you can always stir in the remaining flour mix toward the end of cooking (I had a fair amount left) and that should help. All in all, Yummm.
We loved this! I used low sodium V8 instead of plain tomato juice, and put enough to cover the meat. I didn't have any beef boullion on hand so opted to use a can of french onion soup. This is a wonderful meal that is easy to put together and absolutely delicious! Thanks CB! Made for KK Mini Cookathon