Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This will result in a tender, moist and flavorful roast with it's own gravy to pour over beef or mashed potatoes. The "Meaty" Flavor of Portabella Mushrooms just adds to the Meat and gravy sauce.
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchunky portabella mushrooms
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix or 1 (1 ounce) packagebeefy onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mash garlic to a paste and rub evenly over entire roast.
- Place roast in a slow cooker, fat side up.
- Pour the rest of above ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Pour above mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 7-10 Hours.
- If meat is not too lean it will add moisture to soup mixture as it cooks. When roast is finished, remove from slow cooker and pour the juices into a seperate container or measuring cup. Let the fat rise to top. Drain off fat and pour juices into a saucepan. For thicker "Gravy", simply Pour juices into large saucepan, mix 2-3 tablespoons of flour(Depending on how much liquid you have to work with) with 2-3 tablespoons of cold water until it has no lumps. Pour flour mixture into meat juices in saucepan and bring to a boil, (whisking constantly) reduce heat and whisk continuously until mixture thickens. About 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve as a gravy or transfer meat to a serving platter, slice meat thin and pour over beef before serving.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms. We all enjoyed this.
Very good! We didn't have onion soup mix, so we just added some beef bullion and it was tasty! We also used some real mushrooms. Highly recommend it. Give it a try tonight!
It was wonderful and so simple! I did use real mushrooms instead of canned and added and extra can of cream of mushroom for the extra gravy but even so it was great. Family raved!