Recipe by MTpockets
This will result in a tender, moist and flavorful roast with it's own gravy to pour over beef or mashed potatoes. The "Meaty" Flavor of Portabella Mushrooms just adds to the Meat and gravy sauce.
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchunky portabella mushrooms
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix or 1 (1 ounce) packagebeefy onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash garlic to a paste and rub evenly over entire roast.
- Place roast in a slow cooker, fat side up.
- Pour the rest of above ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Pour above mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 7-10 Hours.
- If meat is not too lean it will add moisture to soup mixture as it cooks. When roast is finished, remove from slow cooker and pour the juices into a seperate container or measuring cup. Let the fat rise to top. Drain off fat and pour juices into a saucepan. For thicker "Gravy", simply Pour juices into large saucepan, mix 2-3 tablespoons of flour(Depending on how much liquid you have to work with) with 2-3 tablespoons of cold water until it has no lumps. Pour flour mixture into meat juices in saucepan and bring to a boil, (whisking constantly) reduce heat and whisk continuously until mixture thickens. About 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve as a gravy or transfer meat to a serving platter, slice meat thin and pour over beef before serving.