Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is so simple but the results are delicious. The gravy from the roast would be great over mashed potatoes.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces and juices reserved
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes and juice, soup and soup mix.
- Place roast in a 5-6 quart electric slow cooker.
- Pour tomato mixture over roast.
- Cover, and cook on low for about 8 hours or until roast is tender.
The beef was very tender and delicious. The sauce was too thin, but it doesn't matter, it was great like that. Maybe another time, I won't use the juice of tomatoes. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Photo tag game
What a great, fantastic roast! We absolutely loved it. I used a 3 lb. eye of round roast, cooked for probably 10 hours in my crock pot and it totally fell apart. I took your advice and served with whipped potatoes. The gravy was a little thin, could have used some thickening, but it is superb as is. Thank you Lainey66. Definitely one recipe that will be repeated time and again. I'll check my pics later today and will post if I got any decent ones. (We were in a hurry to eat!)