Recipe by *Parsley*
A nice crockpot beef stew when you're not in the mood for the classic beef stew with potatoes. I'm sure you could slow-ccok this on the stovetop, I just never have. I use my 6-qt. crockpot for this.
Top Review by herbr
My beef broth was a generic brand so for quite awhile the stew lacked much flavor. I tweeked it with some beef base and 1 cup of wine and after simmering in the crock pot for most of the day the flavor intensified. It was very good and I will definitely make again.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, UNdrained
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 8 -10 ounces wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large slowcooker, place the beef cubes, broth, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, tomatoes, Worcestershire, thyme, marjoram, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When done, dissolve 3 tbsp cornstarch in the 1/4 cold water. Stir into the crockpot and replace cover.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package. Drain and stir into the crockpot.
- Cook on high for ten more minutes.
- Stir and serve.
- If you need more liquid, add it before serving.