1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Beef & Mushrooms
8 hrs 15 mins
I found this online at www.sparkpeople.com. I made it and was blown away by how yummy it was. I did not add white rice to the recipe, but you can easily get away with many many cups of cooked rice with how much sauce this makes. The onion soup packet is just a reg. sized one. Some say they are 1oz others say 1 1/4 oz. I'm sure either will work. UPDATE: I have since made this with regular cream of mushroom soup and it was wicked salty and tasted completely different for me. I recommend only using the low-fat/fat free kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add stew meat to crock pot (you can brown it first in a pot if you want, but I had no issues doing it right in the crock pot).
- 2Place sliced mushrooms on top.
- 3Combine soup, water and dry onion soup mix. Stir till well blended. Pour over mushrooms and beef.
- 4Cook on low 6-8hrs or high for 3-4 hours. I personally cooked it on high for 1 hour, then low for 7 hours and it was amazing.
- 5Pour over cooked rice (not included in recipe) and enjoy!
- 6NOTE: The recipe claims it serves 4, but I got at least 6 servings out of it with rice if not more.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Beef & Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 806.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup