Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this online at www.sparkpeople.com. I made it and was blown away by how yummy it was. I did not add white rice to the recipe, but you can easily get away with many many cups of cooked rice with how much sauce this makes. The onion soup packet is just a reg. sized one. Some say they are 1oz others say 1 1/4 oz. I'm sure either will work. UPDATE: I have since made this with regular cream of mushroom soup and it was wicked salty and tasted completely different for me. I recommend only using the low-fat/fat free kind.
- Add stew meat to crock pot (you can brown it first in a pot if you want, but I had no issues doing it right in the crock pot).
- Place sliced mushrooms on top.
- Combine soup, water and dry onion soup mix. Stir till well blended. Pour over mushrooms and beef.
- Cook on low 6-8hrs or high for 3-4 hours. I personally cooked it on high for 1 hour, then low for 7 hours and it was amazing.
- Pour over cooked rice (not included in recipe) and enjoy!
- NOTE: The recipe claims it serves 4, but I got at least 6 servings out of it with rice if not more.
Delicious and super tender! Oh yum, I am in love with this meal. I used my homemade cream soup mix and homemade onion soup mix for this recipe, and the meat was just fall apart tender. Soooo good. I served with mashed potatoes and corn, and the whole family (toddlers included!) gobbled it up! Made for PAC Spring '11.