Recipe by BeansnRice
I haven't tried this recipe yet but it sure sounds good. It's from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty 2007. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo or salsa.
Top Review by Valerie in Florida
I am sorry. I did not like this. When I opened the crockpot when I got home and stirred it, it turned out like a stew. Maybe it cooked way too long. I just did not think it had enough flavor. Thank you however, for sharing your recipe.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peppers, onion and beef in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the tortillas)and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Put about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture in each tortilla and add toppings of your choice.