Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I haven't tried this recipe yet but it sure sounds good. It's from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty 2007. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo or salsa.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Put peppers, onion and beef in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the tortillas)and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Put about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture in each tortilla and add toppings of your choice.
I am sorry. I did not like this. When I opened the crockpot when I got home and stirred it, it turned out like a stew. Maybe it cooked way too long. I just did not think it had enough flavor. Thank you however, for sharing your recipe.
This was outstanding! My whole family loved it and I loved how easy it was. It would make a good topping for nachos too. Oh...I did use beer in place of the water but followed it exactly otherwise. Thanks for an easy and yummy fajita recipe!
This was great with and without toppings! A tasty, colorful dish that I'm sure we'll make again. Toppings we used were lite sour cream and pico de gallo. Yum!