Recipe by Elcowgirl
So easy, you won't believe it!! The flavour is fantastic! This is out of the Company's Coming cookbook series.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast or 2 1⁄2 lbs blade roast
- boiling water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. Add water until halfway up sides of roast. Cover.
- Cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours.
- Remove roast.
- Strain beef juice. Skim off any fat.
- Add hot water to beef juice, if needed to make 3 cups.
- Add bouillon powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Slice beef thinly. Insert slices into each bun.
- Serve with a small bowl of beef juice for dipping.