Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with steamed rice & corn/green beans.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat or 2 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon california garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, crushed
- 1 package beef bouillon
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 3⁄4-1 cup Burgundy wine or 3⁄4-1 cup merlot
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed w/ (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup freshly chopped parsley (about) (optional)
- Place flour, salt& pepper into a plastic bag& shake.
- Next add beef& toss with flour mixture.
- In a cast iron skillet heat oil until hot.
- Add garlic& cook for just 1 minute.
- Add floured beef to hot oil& brown meat on all sides (in small batches if necessary).
- Mix seasonings, bouillon, consommé& wine in crockpot.
- Add meat, stir gently to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- During the last 20 minutes add sliced mushrooms.
- For a thicker sauce turn crockpot to HIGH (last 15 minutes or so) and add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir in chopped parsley just before serving, if desired.
- Serve over steamed white rice or egg noodles.