5 hrs 15 mins
Serve with steamed rice & corn/green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 1/2 lbs beef stew meat or 2 1/2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon california garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, crushed
- 1 package beef bouillon
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 3/4-1 cup Burgundy wine or 3/4-1 cup merlot
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed w/ (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley (about) (optional)
- 1Place flour, salt& pepper into a plastic bag& shake.
- 2Next add beef& toss with flour mixture.
- 3In a cast iron skillet heat oil until hot.
- 4Add garlic& cook for just 1 minute.
- 5Add floured beef to hot oil& brown meat on all sides (in small batches if necessary).
- 6Mix seasonings, bouillon, consommé& wine in crockpot.
- 7Add meat, stir gently to mix.
- 8Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 9During the last 20 minutes add sliced mushrooms.
- 10For a thicker sauce turn crockpot to HIGH (last 15 minutes or so) and add cornstarch mixture.
- 11Stir in chopped parsley just before serving, if desired.
- 12Serve over steamed white rice or egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1169.6
- Calories from Fat 709
- Total Fat 78.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 297.6 mg
- Sodium 5380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 85.3 g