1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
6 hrs 20 mins
This is my adaptation of Rita's "Beef Bourguignon" #54850 for making it in the crock pot for A French Love Affair challenge in ZWT 8/France. I have made no changes to the ingredients, only the preparation so that it is suited for the crock pot. I reduced the wine by half to adapt this recipe to the crock pot. It is a delicious recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb button mushroom, cleaned and left whole
- 1 lb white pearl onion, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and ground black pepper.
- 2Coat the beef cubes with this mixture.
- 3Melt the butter in cast iron pot over medium high heat. (Or if not worried about fat fry 3 bacon slices till browned remove and use the fat in place or with the butter).
- 4Add the meat and brown well on all sides.
- 5Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic to it.
- 6Saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- 7Add the wine, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme.
- 8Transfer the ingredients from the skillet to the crock pot.
- 9Stir once and then cover with crock pot lid.
- 10Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 11Garnish with parsley and crumbled bacon.
- 12Serve with crusty French bread and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 461.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g