Recipe by Lainey39
Another tasty sandwich that can be made in the crock pot. This recipe calls for the roast to cook for 8-10 hours or until tender, depending on how fast your slow cooker cooks. Use your own judgment. Also, you will want to make the sauce ahead and refrigerate for 8-10 hours while the roast is cooking. Recipe is from Fix It and Forget It.
Top Review by that_biLL_guy
Very Very Good. However my rump roast turned out a bit tuff...Hmmmm Anyway...I doubled up on the sauce and think next time I will triple it. No reason to skimp on the goodness. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless bottom round roast or 3 -4 lbs rump roast, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 12 -16 kaiser rolls
- dill pickle slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in slow cooker; pour 1/2 cup water into cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour and then on low 8-10 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup and next 8 ingredients and refrigerate 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker; discard juices.
- Shred roast with fork and return to cooker.
- Pour sauce mixture over top; mix together.
- Cover and cook on low about 1 hour or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon meat mixture into Kaiser rolls using a slotted spoon; spoon additional sauce over top of meat, if desired, and top with pickle slices.