5 hrs 20 mins
A comforting meal to come home to! Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/3 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add chili powder and toss to coat.
- 2In large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion in oil.
- 3Meanwhile, in a greased 5-quart slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, jalapenos, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
- 4Stir in beef, onion and drippings.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 6Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooker Beef and Three-Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 744.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 26.9 g