Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) boneless round steak, cut into 6 serving-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans mushroom pieces (do not drain)
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, layer it into the slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.
This is a great meal. I made it just as the recipe calls for. It made the house smell so good and the gravy/broth was perfect for egg noodles. I am definately going to make this again! This is so easy!
This is wonderful! I did change it up just alittle. I used fresh mushrooms , baby bellas, I sliced the meat into strips and they cooked apart. I shredded it with a fork then added alittle bit of water and stirred it up into the gravy. So good. The first night i served it with mashed potatos the next time we made this I topped baked potatos . thank you so much for posting this recipe. It has become a regular in our house.
Great slow cooker meal!!! My neighbours raved about it and wanted more. I did use fresh mushrooms instead of canned - just a personal preference :) and added some chopped onion and garlic. Served with mashed garlic potatoes and peas. Thanks for a lovely meal!!