Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from a mailing list I was on several years ago. It sounds tasty and easy, so I'm posting it here so as not to lose it.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 12 ounces beer
- Combine all ingredients except beer in slow cooker.
- Toss until meat is well coated with ingredients.
- Pour beer over meat and stir.
- Place lid on cooker and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
So easy, wow! I used Substitute for 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix to replace the packaged onion soup mix. I also goofed and thought I had stewing beef in the fridge, turned out to be pork. But I think it's still safe to say the sauce was very tasty and the meat looks really tender. Will follow the other reviewers advice and add some veggies before serving over rice. Thanks!
It was easy and delicious tasting! I used cut up pork steaks and cut the recipe in half since it wasn't 2 lbs of meat. I cooked mine on low for 7 hours and it was very tender. Served it with spaetzle and we gobbled it up!
This recipe couldn't be easier and the flavor was unbelievable. My husband was in heaven, I will be making this over and over. I added some broccoli to the crockpot during the last half hour and served it over brown rice. Absolutely delicious. Thank you!!!