Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is one of my crock pot favorites. Very easy to fix and forget about it.
- 1 lb london broil beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 8 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (you can also use Kraft 2%)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- Trim fat from meat; rub seasoning mix over both sides of meat.
- Place meat in an electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Add ingredients through green chiles.
- Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 9 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, reserving cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks.
- Combine meat and reserved cooking liquid; stir well.
- Add refried beans stirring to combine.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cup meat mixture.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, 2 tablespoons tomato, and 1 tablespoon sour cream; roll up.
This was just the recipe I was looking for. The only thing I did differently was to add a reg can of diced tomatoes in sauce to the crock pot with the other ingredients before cooking. It enhanced the sauce and gave it more body. Otherwise this is a really great and easy recipe. Thanks for sharing.