Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb dried pinto bean, rinsed and picked over
- 4 cups water, hot
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in an electric slow cooker on low heat. Cover and cook about 7 hours or until beans are tender.
- Drain cooking liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Set on high heat and cook uncovered 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Nice recipe for beans in the slow cooker, thouht the sauce could have had a bit more flavor or maybe less ketchup flavor, but still enjoyed them with pulled pork.
It was a great use for the dried pinto beans. Kids didn't like it much. Adults did.
I made this on 8/17/08 for the "August Crockpot Cooking Challenge 2008 "and as part of my SO's B-Day dinner. The taste isn't what we had expected, so I really don't think this will be made again. But thanks for posting anyway,and"Keep Smiling :)"