Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This recipe was featured on the local morning news. I have made this a few times and it is very good. Not too sugary like most bbq in this area. I often don't even add the ketchup, but that is our family's preference.
Top Review by Island Girl 525
This was delicious!! My boyfriend said he wants it often. I didn't have tomato sauce so I used paste + water. I bought the only BBQ sauce I saw without high fructose corn syrup, which was BullsEye and it was really good- more smoky and less sweet. I didn't have time to cook 12 hours, so I did the first two on high and 6 more on low. The meat was soo tender. I am printing this out and will be making this again and again. Thanks!
- 4 -5 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I like KC Masterpiece or Cattlemans for this)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season roast with garlic salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients but the BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Shred meat with a fork after cooking and retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking.
- Add bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for another 45-60 minutes.
- Serve over split buns with a pasta salad.