Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 hrs
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This recipe was featured on the local morning news. I have made this a few times and it is very good. Not too sugary like most bbq in this area. I often don't even add the ketchup, but that is our family's preference.
- 4 -5 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I like KC Masterpiece or Cattlemans for this)
- Season roast with garlic salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients but the BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Shred meat with a fork after cooking and retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking.
- Add bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for another 45-60 minutes.
- Serve over split buns with a pasta salad.
This was delicious!! My boyfriend said he wants it often. I didn't have tomato sauce so I used paste + water. I bought the only BBQ sauce I saw without high fructose corn syrup, which was BullsEye and it was really good- more smoky and less sweet. I didn't have time to cook 12 hours, so I did the first two on high and 6 more on low. The meat was soo tender. I am printing this out and will be making this again and again. Thanks!
I made this for my husband's birthday and EVERYONE gave it 5 stars! I didn't have garlic salt so I used 1t garlic powder and 1t salt. For the BBQ sauce I used Bull's Eye Sweet & Tangy (no HFCS!!). I mixed all the ingredients the night before & put in a Tupperware in the fridge and then combined everything in the crockpot in the morning. Served with Kaiser rolls and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries (Food Network recipe) which according to my husband went PERFECTLY on the sandwich. We'll definitely be having this again. Thanks for sharing!
This was really good. My husband and I both enjoyed it.