Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This recipe was featured on the local morning news. I have made this a few times and it is very good. Not too sugary like most bbq in this area. I often don't even add the ketchup, but that is our family's preference.
- 4 -5 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I like KC Masterpiece or Cattlemans for this)
- Season roast with garlic salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients but the BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Shred meat with a fork after cooking and retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking.
- Add bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for another 45-60 minutes.
- Serve over split buns with a pasta salad.