I found this recipe on Betty C. This is cooked the same way I have always cooked my ribs only in a slow cooker. My family loves this way of cooking them.
- Spray inside of 4 to 5 qt slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Rub mixture into ribs.
- Cut ribs into 4 in pieces.
- Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker.
- Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Drain and discard liquid.
- Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs into slow cooker.
- Pour any remaining sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 1 hour.
This is a very quick and easy method for cooking ribs. My family prefers ribs a tiny bit firmer, so next time I will put them on the grill after the initial 8-9 hours in the crock pot, and then top with the sauce. The flavor was most fabulous! Thanks for posting. ( I used Damon's BBQ sauce and it was yummo!)
Delightful, easy, yummy ribs. I used an apple butter sauce and it was perfect with it.
Thank you for a fabulous recipe that will be repeated many times. I didn't have cola, so I substituted root beer, with delicious results. The meat was fall apart wonderful. Served with baked potatoes and fresh asparagus. Thanks again for this keeper. turbotess