Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This recipe comes from my "Best of Mr. Food" cookbook. (Mr. Food does a segment on a local news station here in the Chicago area). This is the best barbequed beef sandwich recipe I have ever tasted. To quote Mr. Food himself "OOH IT'S SOOO GOOD!"
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke or 1 (12 ounce) can cola drink
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 hamburger buns
- Place roast in a 4 quart slow cooker or crockpot; add onions.
- combine cola and next seven ingredients; reserve 1 cup sauce and keep chilled.
- pour remaining sauce over roast.
- cover and cook on high for 1 hour, reduce heat to low and and cook 8 more hours or until roast is very tender.
- remove roast and chopped onions from cooker using a slotted spoon; shred meat with two forks.
- place shredded meat back in slow cooker.
- combine reserved 1 cup sauce with ketchup and butter.
- pour sauce over shredded meat and mix well.
- cook on high heat until thoroughly heated stirring often.
- serve on buns.
This is my go to recipe for pulled pork sandwiches. We absolutely love it! I'm about to make it for the third time, and it is excellent every time I make it!
This was so good, easy and a real party food. Just add Pickles, cole slaw, and good chips and everybody is full and satisfied
I just tried this recipe. I have to say it was great. We had people over for dinner and everyone loved it. This meal was SO easy to make. I will make this meal again. This sandwich is terrific on a good hard roll!!