Recipe by Chef Booshman
Got this recipe from one of those Church pot luck supper deals. These are super easy to make. It doesn't call for bottled Bar-b-q sauce and there are never any leftovers.
Top Review by Lazarus
Very good flavour, easy prep, and effortless cooking. My ribs got fairly overcooked, as I set the slow cooker and couldn't get back to it until the cooking time was almost done. I'm not sure if there wasn't enough liquid, or it was simply too much time. Regardless, after picking out the few frazzled ones, the rest were more or less fine. I'm not sure what Heinz chili sauce is like, but I used 1/4 cup of the Asian chili sauce we buy in Chinatown, and that was almost too hot. The full 3/4 cup would have been nasty! I think I'll make these again, but I'll definitely have to figure out the cooking time a little more.
- 4 lbs pork spareribs, cut up
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot (I use the jar kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in Dutch Oven and microwave on high for 20 minutes. This will cook away a lot of the fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except ribs. Stir well.
- Dip each rib into sauce or brush sauce on all sides of ribs.
- Place coated ribs in slow cooker.
- Pour remaining sauce over ribs. cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.