Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Put these on before you leave for work. From Southern Living.
Make and share this Slow-Cooker Barbecue Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs bone in country-style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut ribs apart if neccessary, and trim; sprinkle with 1 t salt evenly over ribs, and set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1 t salt, chopped onion, and next 9 ingredients until blended. Pour half of mixture into a 5 quart slow cooker. Place ribs in slow cooker; pour remaining mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook at high for 6-7 hours.