Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Put these on before you leave for work. From Southern Living.
Make and share this Slow-Cooker Barbecue Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs bone in country-style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut ribs apart if neccessary, and trim; sprinkle with 1 t salt evenly over ribs, and set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1 t salt, chopped onion, and next 9 ingredients until blended. Pour half of mixture into a 5 quart slow cooker. Place ribs in slow cooker; pour remaining mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook at high for 6-7 hours.
I made this recipe for dinner last night and ended having an impromptu dinner party and everyone LOVED these ribs. I actually had about 6 pounds of ribs and they worked well with the same amount of sauce. I strained some of the sauce to get all the yummy onions and garlic and added some of the juices back in to serve on top. This was a big hit and I will make it again many times I am sure. Thanks for posting!
I made this recipe because there was a sale on country-stly pork ribs, and becuase I had half a bottle of apple jelly that was never going to be finished off. This recipe was very easy, and the whole family ate it, even my picky 8 year old. I had a little less than 4 lbs of meat, but with rice and vegetables we were able to make a filling meal for 7 people. Now I will go out and buy apple jelly for this recipe.
This recipe caught my eye with the apple butter. I make my own apple and added it - the sauce was really good! The meat fell off the ribs - just be sure to pass the sauce at the table! This is one I will make again and again!